11.13 | 每日英语
- If you were to renounce vegetarianism tomorrow, what's the first meat you'd try?
She renounced her claim to the property.
I've renounced alcohol.
- Her disease went into remission.
Brain scans have confirmed that the disease is in remission.
4.Cryptocurrencies are now worth more than Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley combined.
cryptocurrency: 加密货币, 比特币是其中一种
Crypto adj. 秘密的，隐蔽的，不公开的
- Carbon dioxide levels hit 403 ppm last year—the highest in about 4 million years
ppm是体积比浓度：Parts per million
- About half of eligible US voters saw Russia's divisive propaganda on Facebook
eligible: 英 ['elɪdʒɪb(ə)l]
Almost half the population are eligible to vote in today's election.
Divisive 造成不和的; 引起纷争的
- Big cities all over the world are grappling with the same problem: how to make homes more affordable for the people who live there.
Grapple with 努力解决 (问题)
The economy is just one of several critical problems the country is grappling with.
- This company lost $800 billion in market cap in just one decade
market cap: 即market capitalization （股票等的）市值
- Enhancements have been made in security, accessibility, gaming, and immersive new experiences made possible by Windows Mixed Reality.
Mixed Reality: 混合现实是融合了VR和AR的高阶形态，它将高清全息影像与现实环境相融合，体现了当今虚拟和现实相结合的最高科技水平。